The nonprofit sector presents a series of needs that we intend to cover through the results of this project. Mainly the program arises from the need for workers to acquire competencies in the development of economic initiatives in the field of social health, in order to: new job profile are created in the labour market (both for workers and users of social organizations) , to promote the inclusion of disadvantaged people in society, to reduce public spending and to allow social enterprises to create economically sustainable projects within the framework of “generative welfare”.
We also decided to deal with an issue that is affecting our country: the Food Waste.
This social foodservice project proposes to educate and incentivize small social businesses in food waste reduction procedures and to organize a successful waste management utilize existing waste in the best possible way.
The organizations, working in the field of social inclusion, by taking part in this project, will be involved in realizing business initiatives in collaboration with Matej Bel University of Slovakia, University that is creating a master’s of education specializing in social enterprise.
All these organizations have interest in the field of social enterprise and have collaborated in the development of the project committing itself with the objectives of the same:
- Create a European strategy for the training and occupation of professionals in the field of social hospitality
- Develop a European strategy for the training and occupation of people at risk of social exclusion
- Promote the quality and sustainability of Social Catering services according to the principles of “Generative Welfare” to ensure their self-sustainability
- Reduce the public spending through the promotion of self-management of social enterprises and the development of self sustaining social initiatives
- Training and occupation of Social Food Service Coordinator in the field of inclusive hospitality (mental health users, victims of child abuse, immigrants, refugees, people with disabilities, …)
- Discuss the necessity to create a comprehensive food waste policy that sets European guidelines to significantly boost investment from food businesses
In order to meet the objectives, the following activities will be carried out throughout the project:
- Training of project technicians in management and organization
- Long-term training activity for teachers in a Social Restaurant Management course, in which they will work on the management of economic initiatives in the field of social hospitality
- Blended courses directed at service users who are part of social-health organizations where they will learn the basic principles of Hospitality and Service
We aim to obtain, as an outcome, a specific manual dedicated to NGOs that want to undertake a social economic activity including people at risk of social exclusion, a guide to social restaurants in Europe, a new curriculum or vocational training that enables social workers to manage a social restaurant and a blended course for disadvantaged users interested in working in hospitality. We will make sure that during and after the realization of the project our results will be disseminated.
For this, all material produced will be delivered directly to the relevant employment centres, provincial labour market offices, local social services, NGOs, companies and organizations involved or potentially interested.
The objective of our dissemination will be that all companies in the area of hospitality with a ethical vocation can open the doors to vulnerable workers.
In this way, we hope to collaborate to influence public policies by creating, in the long term, a change of direction towards a more sustainable system, within the generative welfare model and by strengthening the cooperation between public administration, companies, nonprofit sector and citizens.
The project aims as well to reduce public spending, the number of unemployed and people at risk of exclusion by expanding the possibilities of the labour market in the health and social field.
The aim of Fundación Escuela de Solidaridad (FES) is to host and intervene with people with no roots, social disadvantages, miss-handled or socially excluded.
In our association we receive mothers with children in emergency situations, young immigrants, people with disabilities without family, teenagers in risk situations or other people needing a home.
Our aim is to create homes with family feeling, life in solidarity and education in values, searching training and the needed support for social integration.
The social cooperative Artemide, born in 2000, started its work in the field of social activities focusing mainly on the family universe, that is to say taking care of underage persons and of their mothers.
Matej Bel University in Banska Bystrica is the leading university in Central Slovakia. It consists of 6 faculties (Faculty of Economics, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Political Sciences and International Relations, and Faculty of Education). The University has almost 600 university teachers and researchers, and around 9,000 students.
Tomillo Foundation is a non-lucrative organization focused on developing people and communities in the south of Madrid. Its intervention includes helping children with difficulties in their school.